We use Himalayan herbs and oils for our special aromatherapy.
Try our alternate massage therapy.
We take care of you like no one else.
Come join us for a month-long session split into four smaller sessions.
Sign up for palm-healing
Let us pamper you from head to toe.
We are a jack of all trades.
Let us give your neurohormonal setup, the R&R it deserves.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Take a look at our collection of the finest jars of Chinese .
We have yoga sessions every day from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
100% NATURAL PRODUCTS
Everything is all-natural even our infrastructure is nature-friendly!
25% off this week for
From only 25$
The human being is a tremendously complex organism, formed by multiple corporal systems. And this great complexity can be altered by a large number of diseases. Fortunately, when this happens, there are medical and health services to help people.
But what happens when people talk about imbalances in brain biochemistry or mental problems? In these cases there are different professionals such as psychologists or psychiatrists.
The psychiatrist is a medical doctor specialising in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. Among mental health professionals, the psychiatrist is the only one authorised to prescribe medication.
The psychiatrist is a doctor, since to practice as such he had to follow the full cycle of medical studies before specialising in psychiatry. Often psychiatrists complete their studies with a background in psychoanalysis or psychotherapy, which allows them to accumulate degrees.
Psychiatry corresponds to a specialty in the field of medicine, so that to choose to pursue this career, the professional will have to graduate first in medicine and then specialise as a psychiatrist, that is, this science corresponds to a graduate in medicine.
In which case people will have the help of a psychiatrist?
The psychiatrist diagnoses and treats mental problems, diseases such as schizophrenia, paranoia, autism or manic-depressive psychoses, among others. It also deals with the most frequent problems such as depressions.
To determine what happens to the patient, the doctor uses listening and work on the body and, sometimes, proposes a psychotherapy, according to their training. If there is a need, it can prescribe a chemical treatment. For this, it has psychotropic medications: antidepressants, in case of depression; neuroleptics for schizophrenics, anxiolytics to calm anxiety.
In case of need, the psychiatrist in Gold Coast can prescribe the hospitalisation of a patient.
How does a psychiatrist work?
The psychiatrist will constantly evaluate the symptoms and modify the treatment according to the changes he finds during the process. It will do so until the symptoms disappear and the person can do a withdrawal of the medication or a fixed dose depending on the disorder.
At all times the psychiatrist will explain the progress and changes in his patient’s treatment and will resolve the patient’s doubts in a respectful and friendly way, if necessary also with close relatives.
Psychiatry is a branch of medicine of great interest and usefulness for citizenship, trying to treat the various disorders and mental problems that may arise. However, not all psychiatrists work with the same type of patients, thus existing a great diversity of specialisations.
Like other branches of medicine, the psychiatrist can specialise in various fields to cover a more detailed aspect to be addressed, among these are mainly
- Neuropsychiatrist: They are responsible for treating disorders of the nervous system.
- Geriatric psychiatrist: Specialises in mental illnesses of the elderly.
- Paidopsiquiatra: They are responsible for treating the pathologies of children.
- Addictology: They are responsible for the management of addictions in patients.
In the same way, the specialist can adapt and specialise in various pathologies that have the same behavioural origin, for example, the treatment of diseases related to sex, feeding, learning, and sleep disorders. The psychiatrist’s main function is to assess, diagnose and treat the presence of different psychiatric disorders in order to generate a recovery of the subject and an improvement in their quality of life.
Despite the fact that you take a diet rich in animal protein, the many benefits of plant protein can’t be overlooked. Beans, peas, nuts and legumes are nature’s bounty full of health and goodness. They are a wonderful source of plant protein which helps you stay fit and active. A diet which is based on plant protein can result in a healthy heart and strong immune system.
Adults need somewhere around 45 to 55 grams of protein per day. A person who eats a diet rich in animal protein can easily get this amount. However those who are solely vegans might need to take a mixture of plant proteins to get the required amount in their diet.
The following are some of the benefits of plant proteins.
Legumes help fight cancer
Legumes contain plant proteins. It has several health promoting substances like saponins which are great for the immune system and over all body health. These saponins are present in all kinds of legumes for example black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and peanuts. These help lower the blood pressure, boost immunity and help fight cancer. There are quite a few benefits of these substances like reducing the amount of lipids in a diet to being able to treat lead poisoning as well.
Soybeans help fight cancer
Soybeans can completely replace animal proteins. People who want to follow a low calories plat based diet often revert to soy products. This is because soybeans are low calories yet contain all the essential components of a protein rich diet. They contain absolutely no cholesterol and very little saturated fat. Replacing animal proteins with tofu and soy milk can help reduce cholesterol and lower the triglycerides in the body. Soybeans can also aid weight loss and reduce the blood sugar in diabetics.
Nuts help reduce the risk for heart disease
Nuts like cashew, pistachio, almonds and macadamia nuts are rich in plant proteins. They are also rich in fibre, minerals and bioactive compounds. Research has proved that these help lower the risk of heart disease, high cholesterol and gallstones. Nuts can also fight inflammation and reduces stress induced diseases like anxiety and depression. Nuts are high in minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium.
The benefits of Lectins found in plant protein
When test tube and human case studies of the effect of Lectin found in plant proteins was carried out, it was discovered that these had excellent cancer fighting abilities. Lectin is found in abundance in kidney beans, legumes, soybeans, peas, banana, tomatoes and other plant based foods. These substances are internalised into the cells and help block cancerous growths. These also help modulate the immune system by providing it with the essential nutrients.
The misconception is that plant proteins are not complete proteins. This isn’t exactly the case. Plants actually possess different varieties of proteins. Therefore by eating a plant rich diet which is varied, a person can get all the essential proteins. Plus the fibre in plants also helps one stay full for longer. So why wait. Make sure to introduce healthy plants based proteins into your diet.
Dried fruits offer a few positive gains over fresh fruits: a more extended shelf life and portability. In the event that you are watching your weight, dried fruits ought to be eaten with some restraint as they contain essentially a greater number of calories per serving than fresh fruits. Be that as it may, dried fruits without additives offer various health benefits. Here are a couple of health benefits of dry fruits.
- Dried fruits for the most part contains more fiber than the same-sized serving of their fresh counterparts. Fiber helps keep your digestive system running easily. Dried apricots, for instance, contain 6.5 grams for each cup, while fresh apricots contain only 3.1 grams. A cup of raisins contains 5.4 grams of fiber versus only 1.4 grams for seedless grapes. Fiber not just helps your digestive system. As indicated by the Harvard School of Public Health, it averts obesity, coronary illness and a few types of cancer.
- Some dried fruits are a decent source of specific antioxidants, as indicated by a recent report in the “Journal of the American College of Nutrition.” Phenols, a sort of cell reinforcement, are more frequently found in fruits like dates and figs than in some fresh fruits, driving researchers to prompt that more dried fruits be incorporated into the American diet. Plant polyphenols have been found to battle cardiac illness, cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, cancer and degenerative diseases of the brain.
- Since a large portion of the water is extracted from dried fruits, their nutrients are consolidated into a little bundle. Dried fruits like apricots, raisins, prunes and figs contain high measures of beta carotene, vitamin E, niacin, iron, magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Dried fruits contain almost no fat. They additionally contain noteworthy calories per serving, making them a natural source of energy for athletes. They are likewise a decent supplement for individuals trying to put on weight healthily. In the event that you are watching your weight, you might need to restrict your intake of dried natural items because of the calorie content.
- Most of the caloric content of prunes is provided via carbohydrates. There are around 55.6 grams of aggregate carbohydrates in every 1/2 cup, with 33.2 grams gave by basic sugars, for example, fructose and glucose. Prunes are likewise a decent source of dietary fiber, with 6.2 grams for each 1/2-cup serving, or 18 percent and 22 percent, individually, for the day by day fiber proposal for people.
- Every 1/2-glass serving of pitted prunes contains 0.33 grams of fat, just 0.07 grams of which is saturated fat. This sum would give a healthy adult on a 2,000-calorie diet with under 1 percent of her prescribed every day breaking point of saturated fat. Prunes have traceable measures of mono-and polyunsaturated fats and no cholesterol.
Summers is the season when we slip into our flip flops, pull out our light-coloured clothes and eat and drink season specific food and drinks. But there are certain things you must eat and drink during the summer to stay cool and healthy. In fact, we might even suggest a complete change of your diet during the summer. However, if not a complete change, here are some nutritious food you must include in your diet during the summer.
- Being “cool as a cucumber” may really have some weight to it. Cucumbers are extraordinarily hydrating and remaining hydrated enough amid the more blazing months is vital. Nibble on cucumber cuts and hummus, or in case you’re genuinely edgy for some cooling help, a green juice including cucumber and lemon is an incredible method to remain hydrated and cool. In any case, you’ll receive the rewards.
- No day at the beach is finished without some fresh cuts of watermelon, and you’re really helping your body out by keeping the custom alive. It’s so useful to eat seasonally. In the summer, cooling nourishment like watermelon can act like inner A/C, while in the winter, warming sustenance like meat, spices, and root vegetables can act like an inside space heater.
- Initially developed in China, peaches are another cool, seasonal pick. In addition to the fact that they are delicious this season, however they additionally contain vitamins A and C, which advance healthy skin and at 35-50 calories a pop, they make the ideal eating regimen well-disposed dessert.
- Alongside banana, spinach, kale and cucumber, pineapple makes for a kick-ass green smoothie booster. Indeed, these fixings are thought to cool, so blend away. Pineapple is likewise the main known wellspring of an enzyme called bromelain, which is credited for lessening inflammation in the body.
- Is there anything that leafy greens can’t improve the situation your body? I don’t think so. Spinach, kale, collard greens, and romaine take the nutritional cake (as it were) for mending and helping your body. Since greens have a high-water content, they’re anything but difficult to digest. This implies your body doesn’t need to fill in as hard, which spares you vitality and keeps you cool.
- Citrus has a cooling impact on the body and advances detoxification. Everybody knows that it is so vital to drink a huge amount of water each day, yet plain old’ water can be exhausting. On numerous occasions specialists prescribe adding lemon to your water not just for its skin and immune-boosting benefits, but since it really urges you to drink more water by and large.
- Zucchini is really a kind of summer squash that can go in shading from yellow to a dark green. Other than containing vitamin C and imperative Phyto nutrients, zucchini is an extraordinary wellspring of manganese. The mineral can help shield your body from free radicals (something that arrives especially amid the summer months when you’re more defenceless to heat) and furthermore advances collagen creation and healthy bone tissue growth.
Reach out to us to book an appointment. We are here for you 24/7.Catherine